The American Academy in Rome is now accepting applications for the 2015 Rome Prize competition.
Please make available the information about the 2015 Rome Prize in a group email to your staff, blogs, newsletters, social media, links, and affiliates,
or otherwise make this information available to those who might be interested in applying for this prestigious fellowship.
Each year, through a national juried competition, the Rome Prize is awarded to emerging and established artists and scholars working in the following categories:
- Ancient Studies
- Medieval Studies
- Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Modern Italian Studies
- Design (includes graphic, industrial, interior, exhibition, set, costume, and fashion design, urban design, city planning, engineering, and other design fields)
- Historic Preservation and Conservation
- Landscape Architecture(includes environmental design and planning, landscape/ecological urbanism, landscape history, sustainability and ecological studies, and geography)
- Musical Composition
- Visual Arts (includes painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, film/video, installation, new media, digital arts, and other visual arts fields)
Rome Prize winners live and work at the Academy’s eleven-acre campus in Rome and receive a stipend, room and board, and a study or studio. Stipends for six-month fellowships are $16,000 and stipends for eleven-month fellowships are $28,000.
The deadline for applications is 1 November 2014 (extended deadline 15 November).
For more information and to apply, please visit the Academy website at www.aarome.org/romeprize.