The Malcolm H. Wiener Laboratory for Archaeological Science Funding Opportunities
The Malcolm H. Wiener Laboratory for Archaeological Science of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens currently offers two different types of Fellowship funding: a pre-doctoral or post-doctoral Research Associate position of up to nine months, as well as a post-doctoral (3-year term) position. Applicants are welcome from any college or university worldwide. Independent scholars are also welcome to apply.
Priority will be given to question-driven research projects that address substantive problems through the application of interdisciplinary methods in the archaeological sciences. Wiener Laboratory facilities are especially well equipped to support the study of human skeletal biology, archaeobiological remains (faunal and botanical), environmental studies, and geoarchaeology (particularly studies in human-landscape interactions and the study of site formation processes). Research projects utilizing other archaeological scientific approaches are also eligible for consideration, depending on the strength of the questions asked and the suitability of the plan for access to other equipment or resources not available on site in the Wiener Laboratory.
Research Associate for 2020-2021
- Current competition begins in fall of 2019 for the 2020-2021 academic year (January 15, 2020 deadline for applications)
- Term variable, up to 9 months
- Eligibility limited to individuals actively enrolled in a graduate program and individuals with a higher-level degree in a relevant discipline
- Stipend: variable up to $7,000
Post-Doctoral Fellowship for 2020-2023
- Current competition begins in fall of 2019 for the 2020-2023 term (January 15, 2020 deadline for applications)
- 3-year term
- Eligibility limited to individuals who have received their PhD within the last seven (7) years
- Stipend: $35,000 per annum
For more information and instructions on how to apply:
The American School of Classical Studies at Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, ethnic origin, or disability when considering admission to any form of membership or application for employment.