ACMRS (Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies)
Arizona State University Job # 10670
The Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies (ACMRS) invites applications for an Assistant Administrative Professional position as Assistant Director to begin spring, 2014. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment subject to annual renewal contingent upon performance and the needs of the university.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to medieval and Renaissance studies while developing/overseeing general operations including budgets, coordinating and/or representing ACMRS at relevant events, and coordinating effective communication with partners and constituents both within and external to Arizona State University.
- Master’s degree in area relevant to medieval and Renaissance studies
- Two years’ experience in scholarly publishing and/or editing
- Ph.D. in area relevant to medieval and Renaissance studies
- Experience developing and/or managing budgets
- Experience coordinating and/or managing general operations in an administrative setting
- Demonstrated success writing, applying for and managing grants
- Demonstrated success representing an organization at university, academic, and/or public functions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively at the unit and university levels
To apply, please send – in a single PDF – a cover letter describing qualifications, complete CV and the names and contact information for three professional references to: Robert E. Bjork, Director, at email@example.com. Only electronic applications will be accepted. The initial application deadline is
March 14, 2014; if not filled, application review will occur every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. http://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.