Rare Book School (RBS) is now accepting applications for five fall courses in Charlottesville and New York City! RBS offers five-day, intensive courses focused on the history of manuscript, print, and digital materials taught by world-renowned scholars and professionals.
22–27 October in Charlottesville
– B-10 “Introduction to the History of Bookbinding,” taught by Jan Storm van Leeuwen
– I-20 “Book Illustration Processes to 1900,” taught by Terry Belanger
– M-70 “The Handwriting & Culture of Early Modern English Manuscripts,” taught by Heather Wolfe
29 October–3 November in New York City
– H-40 “The Printed Book in the West since 1800,” taught by Eric Holzenberg at the Grolier Club
– M-55 “The Book of Hours, 1250–1550,” taught by Roger S. Wieck at the Morgan Library & Museum (new course!)
To be considered in the first round of admissions decisions, course applications should be received no later than 18 July. Applications received after that date will be released for review on a rolling basis. Visit our website at rarebookschool.org or email email@example.com for details.