As always, the Medieval Academy of America will have a strong presence at the International Congress on Medieval Studies (May 7-10).
1) The Friday morning plenary, sponsored by the Academy, will be delivered by Sharon Kinoshita (Univ. of California-Santa Cruz), “Marco Polo and the Diversity of the Global Middle Ages” (Friday, 8:30 AM, Bernhard, East Ballroom). Two related sessions organized by Prof. Kinoshita will take place on Friday at 1:30 PM (Session 227) and 3:30 PM (Session 282). Both sessions will take place in Fetzer 2020.
2) On Sunday at 10:30 AM, the Graduate Student Committee is sponsoring a roundtable titled “Teaching the Middle Ages with Inclusivity and Diversity” (Session 515, Fetzer 1005). The GSC reception will take place on Friday at 5:15 PM in Fetzer 1035.
3) The K-12 Committee is sponsoring a roundtable on Saturday at 10 AM, “Making the Medieval Matter: Teaching the Middle Ages across K-16” (Session 340, Fetzer 1045).
4) The annual CARA Luncheon will take place on Friday at noon (Bernhard, President’s Dining Room). This event is free but pre-registration is required. Click here to register.
5) Finally, we invite you to visit our staffed table in the exhibit hall to introduce yourself, transact any Medieval Academy business you may have, or pick up some chocolate to keep you going during those long afternoon sessions. As always, we will be giving away fifty free one-year memberships to new members, so spread the word!
See you at the ‘Zoo!