Everyone knows that the Medieval Academy, under the direction of editor Sarah Spence, is responsible for bringing out Speculum four times a year. Many members may not realize that the Academy also has a long history of monograph publication, with a catalogue of 173 titles in four main series:
Medieval Academy Books (MAB) (113 titles; one at press),
Speculum Anniversary Monographs (SAM) (15 titles),
Speculum Books (two titles), and
Medieval Academy Reprints for Teaching (MART) (42 titles).
1) hardcopy purchase through our online store (51 out-of-print MAB and SAM volumes) (members receive a 20% discount on these volumes);
2) PDF download from our website (38 MAB volumes), see the publications page for details;
3) HTML access on our website (24 out-of-print Latin MAB editions, made available through a project funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities), see the publications page for details;
4) print-on-demand paperback editions through Amazon.com (72 out-of-print volumes; another two dozen will be available soon);
5) online access through the ACLS Humanities eBook Library (62 volumes) (members receive a discount on subscriptions to this service);
In addition, the recently-updated Voigts-Kurtz database that incorporates the content of Thorndike and Kibre’s Catalogue of Incipits of Mediaeval Scientific Writings in Latin (MAB 9) can be accessed from our publications page or by using this link.
We continue to solicit manuscripts for publication in the Medieval Academy Books series. Contact Executive Director Lisa Fagin Davis at LFD@TheMedievalAcademy.org for more information.