The deadline is approaching for the 2020 Rome Prize. Apply now!
For over a century, the American Academy in Rome has awarded the Rome Prize to support innovative work in the arts and humanities. Thirty fellowships, which are either five or eleven months in length, include a stipend, room and board, and individual work space at the Academy’s eleven-acre campus in Rome.
Rome Prizes are awarded in the following disciplines:
- Ancient Studies
- Design (includes graphic, industrial, interior, set and costume, and fashion design, urban design, city planning, engineering, and other design fields)
- Historic Preservation and Conservation
- Landscape Architecture (includes environmental design and planning, landscape or ecological urbanism, landscape history, sustainability and ecological studies, and geography)
- Medieval Studies
- Modern Italian Studies
- Musical Composition
- Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Visual Arts (includes painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, film, video, installation, new media, digital art, and other genres)
The application deadline is Friday, November 1, 2019. Applications will also be accepted between November 2 and 15 for an additional fee. Visit aarome.org/apply to read the guidelines and begin your application.