Rare Book School (RBS) is now accepting applications for two winter courses in New York City! RBS offers five-day, intensive courses focused on the history of manuscript, print, and digital materials taught by world-renowned scholars and professionals. RBS is also still accepting applications on a rolling basis for our fall courses in Charlottesville and New York City.
22–27 October in Charlottesville
– B-10 “Introduction to the History of Bookbinding,” taught by Jan Storm van Leeuwen
– I-20 “Book Illustration Processes to 1900,” taught by Terry Belanger
– M-70 “The Handwriting & Culture of Early Modern English Manuscripts,” taught by Heather Wolfe
29 October–3 November at the Grolier Club
– H-40 “The Printed Book in the West since 1800,” taught by Eric Holzenberg
7–12 January at the Grolier Club
– C-30 “Developing Collections: Donors, Libraries & Booksellers,” taught by Tom Congalton, Johan Kugelberg & Katherine Reagan
– H-90 “Teaching the History of the Book,” taught by Michael F. Suarez, S.J.
To be considered in the first round of admissions decisions, course applications should be received no later than 8 September. Applications received after that date will be released for review on a rolling basis.
Visit our website at rarebookschool.org or email email@example.com for details.
We hope to see you at an RBS course soon!