The aim of the conference is to provide researchers with the opportunity to present their research and work on the Voynich manuscript to an audience of fellow Voynich researchers and investigators. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn about current work on the Voynich and, in addition, be able to network and interact with the research community as a whole.
The topics covered in this conference are varied and will include (but not limited to):
- History of the Voynich Manuscript (historical approaches, ciphers).
- Natural Language Processing techniques applied to the Voynich Manuscript.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques applied to the Voynich Manuscript.
- Image Processing of the Voynich Manuscript folios.
- Works around whether or not it is a hoax, a natural language, or enciphered.
- Works that draw on methods from Digital Humanities.
Chair: Dr Colin Layfield (Senior Lecturer University of Malta)
Co-Chair: Prof. John Abela (Associate Professor, University of Malta)
Prof. John Abela (Associate Professor, University of Malta)
Prof. Claire Bowern (Professor, Yale University)
Prof. Lisa Fagin Davis (Executive Director, Medieval Academy of America)
Dr. Kristian Guillaumier (Lecturer, University of Malta)
Dr. Colin Layfield (Senior Lecturer, University of Malta)
Dr. Chris Porter (Senior Lecturer, University of Malta)
Prof. Lonneke Van Der Plas (Group Lead, Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland)
Mr. Mike Rosner (Senior Lecturer Emeritus, University of Malta)
Prof. Albert Gatt (Associate Professor, Univeristy of Malta)
Dr. Mark Tanti (Lecturer, University of Malta)
Dr. Rene Zandbergen
Conference Dates: 30th November – 1st December, 2022
Abstract/Summary Deadline: 30th June, 2022 (12:00 Central European Summer Time)
Acceptance of Abstract/Summary submission notification: 20th July, 2022
Full Paper Submission (5-9 pages) – 31st Aug, 2022 (12:00 Central European Summer Time)
Acceptance Notification: 1st October, 2022
Click here for more information: https://www.um.edu.mt/events/voynich2022