Doctoral Grant (BOF) area of History
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the History Department for a
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF) in the area of history
Centre for Urban History https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/centre-urban-history/
Project title: Back to the Future: future expectations in the Low Countries, 1400-1600
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of late medieval and sixteenth-century history.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the History Department.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in history or in literature with a strong historical interest.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Reading knowledge of languages other than Dutch, French or English (or a willingness to acquire such knowledge in the short term) is highly relevant (Italian, German, …).
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October, 1 November or 1 December 2017 or 1 January 2018;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 – € 2.419,84;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 15 August 2017 and should include a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place from 21 August until 15 September 2017.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Jeroen Puttevils, +32 3 265 4331 or Jeroen.firstname.lastname@example.org.