The 2016 Rome Prize online application is available on the American Academy in Rome
website at www.aarom.org.
The American Academy in Rome invites applications for the 2016 Rome Prize.
For over a century, the Academy has awarded the Rome Prize to support innovative work in the arts and humanities. Through a national juried competition, Rome Prizes are awarded to emerging and established artists and scholars working in the following disciplines:
- Ancient Studies
- Design (includes graphic, industrial, interior, exhibition, set, costume, and fashion design, urban design, city planning, engineering, and other design fields)
- Historic Preservation and Conservation
- Landscape Architecture(includes environmental design and planning, landscape/ecological urbanism, landscape history, sustainability and ecological studies, and geography)
- Medieval Studies
- Modern Italian Studies
- Musical Composition
- Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Visual Arts(includes painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, film/video, installation, new media, digital arts, and other visual arts fields)
Ranging from six months to two years, the thirty fellowships include a stipend, room and board, and individual workspace at the Academy’s eleven-acre center in Rome.
Submissions due: NOVEMBER 1, 2015
Visit aarome.org/apply for guidelines.