The Society for the Study of the Crusades and the Latin East is pleased to announce its 9th International Conference, Crusading Encounters, at Royal Holloway, University of London, 29 June – 3 July 2020.
Applications for sessions of three 20-minute papers each on the theme ‘Crusading Encounters’, or for individual papers, are welcome. Themes could include, but are not limited to:
- Interactions (real or imagined) between crusaders and indigenous peoples
- Crusading archaeology
- Impact of crusading on the environment or natural world
- Intellectual influences of crusading on medicine, science, culture, language/literature
- Intermarriage, travel and/or communication between peoples, borders, languages
- Encounters with the crusading past
Please note that there will be a maximum of three sessions in any one strand.
All applications for sessions and papers must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 November 2019.
For more information, see the conference website: https://www.sscle2020.com/