Special Projects Assistant
Medieval Academy of America
15 hours/wk (hybrid)
$30/hr (no benefits)
The Medieval Academy of America, an educational non-profit organization incorporated as a 501(c)3 in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, seeks a Special Projects Assistant to work with the Executive Director, the Editor of Speculum, and other administrative and Speculum staff on various projects, both in the Boston office and remotely. The position is offered for 15 hours per week at $30 per hour, without medical or retirement benefits. Interest in and knowledge about the Middle Ages is ideal, but there are no degree or foreign-language requirements. While many of the position’s responsibilities can be accomplished remotely, easy access to the MAA’s downtown Boston office is necessary as the job will often entail working onsite in collaboration with other staff members.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- processing and assembling grant application dossiers (throughout the year) using the MAA’s backend content management system (YourMembership) as well as Adobe, Excel, and Word;
- assisting with logistical support for the Annual Meeting and the International Congress on Medieval Studies (as necessary);
- other administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive
- processing and shipping books submitted for prize consideration (annually in November);
- managing mass mailings (approximately four times per year);
- Digitizing MAA archival material (on an ad hoc basis);
- Assisting the Speculum mailing operation by recording and organizing incoming books submitted for review and mailing copies to reviewers (approx. 1.5 hours/wk).
To apply, please forward a CV and cover letter stating experience, qualifications, and interest to Executive Director Lisa Fagin Davis LFD@TheMedievalAcademy.org by MAY 15. Position to begin on or around June 15.