News, Webinars, and Opportunities for Mutual Aid
From The Bibliographical Society of America:
- BSA will offer five free, forty-minute webinars Monday, March 23 through Wednesday, April 2. Please find a complete list of online learning opportunities below, and spread the word to your friends and colleagues. Registration required, scroll down for details.
- Webinar recordings will be posted to our YouTube channel. Created to meet a need of our time, we hope that these will be lasting resources for you, your colleagues, and students.
- We are working with Dr. Megan L. Cook of Colby College to publish a static version of her crowd-sourced list of digital repositories for teaching book history on our website. Check bibsocamer.org on Monday for an update.
- Calling all BSA-member-librarians and power users of digital repositories! Are you interested in remotely pairing up with an educator who has moved their course online, and needs help finding subject-specific digital collections? Contact me directly at email@example.com to volunteer. This should be a relatively small time commitment.
- In light of the current situation, we must cancel the 2020 Community Grants Program. We will redirect those modest funds to anyone who cannot volunteer their time but would like to lead a webinar or other virtual activity. We recognize that many BSA members will face financial difficulties during this uncertain time, and hope that this small gesture demonstrates our goodwill and support for our community.
- The call for proposals for programs scheduled for October – December 2020 remains open, with the original April 15 submission deadline. The Program Committee is proceeding with cautious optimism, and we remain firm in our commitment to sponsoring all events committed to for 2020.
This entry was posted in Announcements
. Bookmark the permalink